Not that my household needs much of an excuse to start a punning war. But this story that happened across Facebook recently was too, too much to resist.
As I announced: “Music teacher hits a new low: Steals tuba to sell for heroin. May the punning commence.”
So, saved for posterity and your amusement, our Facebook exchange:
- Jon Swerens Also accused of trying to score some blow. #2punsin1
- Joe Carlin Her bass instincts sunk her to a new low. Call in the brass & march her off to jail.
- Mary E. Swerens String ’em up!
- Jon Swerens Boy, is she in treble with the law.
- Mary E. Swerens She needed to drum up some money…
- Jon Swerens … but the cops snared her.
- Mary E. Swerens #rimshot
- Sarita R. Swerens Tubad I don’t know much about music, I’d be making some puns.
- Jon Swerens It’s a felony to be caught with a band substance.
- Jon Swerens By pleading, she staved off a harsh sentence.
- Mary E. Swerens Who orchestrated this plan, anyway??
- Jon Swerens That would be the key to the case.
- Jon Swerens Hate to think they’d be trumped-up charges.
- Jon Swerens At least she got her one sousaphone call.
- Sarita R. Swerens That one was clef-er. But we can stop harping on about it now?
- Jon Swerens She’s got a high-powered lawyer from D.C.: Al Coda.
- Jon Swerens That’s how I woodwinda case.
- Jon Swerens That’s what you get when you piccolo-life boyfriend.
- Mary E. Swerens We’re just oboeing our way through this all by ourselves. Where is everyone??
- Jon Swerens Hope they reed her her rights.
- Sarita R. Swerens Maybe you should just give it a rest…
- Mary E. Swerens “…anything you say can and will be used against you in a coda law…”
- Hope Banks Do you all realize how wonderful you are? I so enjoyed reading these comments. I would try and make a pun but puns are not my forte.
- Jon Swerens She tried to act natural, but not being too sharp, the police caught her flat-footed, although it was accidental.
- Sarita R. Swerens I was trying to compose a pun with ‘sharp’, but you stole it. I feel minorly disappointed.
- Jon Swerens It’s a major bummer, I know.
- Sarita R. Swerens Your tone denotes sarcasm.
- Jon Swerens Of course, she’ll get a suspended sentence.
- Jon Swerens And on that note, with a measure of satisfaction and some concerted effort, we’ll put her behind bars, the perfect finale, a fitting cymbal of justice.