Whew! I am now at home, resting quite comfortably with my sweet family.
How sweet? Let me tell you what I discovered when I arrived in Fort Wayne:
- They displayed a big “Welcome Home Daddy!” poster
- They sprayed me with can upon can of silly string, right there in the terminal (yes, yes, we cleaned it up)
- They presented me with a “Buy a Dozen, Get a Dozen Free” Krispy Kreme coupon, and so we immediately drove to the doughnut shop
- Upon arriving home with two dozen doughnuts, I saw that someone had painted the front porch (I soon found out that my two girls, 10 and 7, did most of the work)
- And when I walked inside, I was doubly surprised to see the entire living room painted, too (that was the work of my wife and two sons, 14 and 12)
Wow! What a welcome!