Follow along with me and see how, despite my technological savvy, I signed up Caleb for the wrong fencing class:
- Go to the Fort Wayne Parks web page.
- Click “Fun Times/On-line Registration.”
- Click “Youth Activities.”
- Click “Kids Stuff.”
- Click “Activities.”
- Scroll down until you find “Fencing” and click on “Fencing Fun for Everyone – Continuing.”
- Mistakenly sign up your 14-year-old son for an adult class because all of the adult classes are listed along with the youth ones. (The youth one was actually called “En Garde: Fencing.”)
- Hear from coach that you have to call the parks department and change your registration.
- Call and hear very friendly lady say, “I can understand how you made a mistake.”
- Do not agree with nice lady. You did not make a mistake. But don’t be mean; she really is nice.
Today’s lesson: If the technology is poorly designed and leads you to the wrong link, it is not your fault. Do not feel stupid!